scenerio: I wanted to merge two WordPress sites into one site. One site was live, the other was a backup.
End result: success
This isn’t nearly as hard as some make it out to be. I promise, but only if you are comfortable with the Find/Replace command. It also doesn’t hurt to have a server running on your computer to test it out first, but not necessary.
Things you will need before starting this project:
- Computer with internet access
- Login information from your web provider (not WordPress login) – both sites if different servers
- WordPress plugin: Updraft
- FileZilla or other FTP client installed on your computer
- 7-zip or other file extractor.
- A text file editor Notepad, Scite or Visual Studio Code (not Wordpad, Word, etc)
- Login information for your website provider (not WordPress login info)
- Create a file folder on your desktop for each WordPress site you want to merge
- Read through all of the following instructions before starting with Step 1.
- Patience, this may be time consuming